The First Aid unit (Saukyadana Unit) of College of Chemical Sciences represent the Sri Lanka Saukyadana movement and it was established in May 2016 under the guidance of Dr. Chinthaka Ratnaweera.
Currently Saukyadana Unit engages in providing
- Education and training of the youth of CCS in first aid & health promotion
- Conducting first aid / medical camps at large scale public events
- Provision of first aid / medical aid during natural disasters and national calamities
- Community welfare projects such as provision of educational aid and food stuff to areas of need.
- Community health programs